Our Programs - Select a program below to learn more...
Listening for Productivity (Half-day Workshop)
A competent communicator is both a good speaker and a good listener. Learn to be an active listener and develop the analytical skills to respond appropriately and promote understanding and productivity. This workshop will focus on the listening skills necessary for the workplace
- Assessing how well you listen: the benefits and barriers
- Active Listening: attending and acting receptively
- Identifying the speaker’s purpose and reading between the lines
- Responding appropriately by paraphrasing, clarifying, or getting more information
- Providing and receiving feedback for constructive communication
Listening for Productivity is a half-day workshop that presents the skills necessary to become a better listener in a variety of business situations.
Listening to Accented Speech for Comprehension (Half-day Workshop for native English speakers)
This workshop is for individuals who work for organizations that are increasingly coming into contact with non native English speakers and want to acquire the skills to better understand accented speech. This half-day workshop is focused on how to avoid communication breakdowns and ways to increase your comprehension of accented English to advance organizational goals and objectives.
- Listening for different accents
- Reducing barriers to comprehension
- Improving your understanding of accents
- Understanding the linguistic components that make English difficult
- Using the ability to better understand accents as a business tool
- Why the expansion of global business has created the need to understand accented English
The Listening to Accented Speech for Comprehension workshop will refine your understanding of accented speech and help you better understand what is being said by non native English speakers, customers, and staff in order to enhance communication and reduce communication errors.